This tutorial covers the following:
- Setup - manage child screening records preferences and tool types your program uses. This section is limited to only those granted permission to manage by the Main Admin
- Recording Screening Records and Referrals
- The Screenings page in the child tab
In the Setup tab, go to Screen Type/Inst
- Manage the screening records and types/tools your program uses
- Set the category for the screening records your program uses (if not a National Type)
- Set defaults for the next due date.
Here you can
- User-Defined Types: Manage (add and edit) you own screening tools used if your program isn't using one of the National Types. Add new tools by clicking on the at the top right corner. Mange your entire list at the bottom of the page. NOTE: If your tool is not showing up on the screening record as a choice, you need to add the tool Category and define whether the tool is a developmental, social-emotional, health, hearing or vision screening. Click the Pencil icon on the right of the screening to add the Category.
- Child Screenings Preferences: Open up this section to choose which records you want to show and set the default for the Next Due Date.
- National Types: This is the approved PAT National list from the Data In Motion manual. Check the "Show?" box for those tools that you are using. Uncheck all others if you don't want those appearing on the tool selection list when recording a screening record.
Recording Screening Records and Referrals
To record a new screening and view a complete history of all screenings, referrals and screening summaries, go to Children > Screenings.
To add a NEW SCREENING, click on the "+" Add button at the top right. The screenings that are set to "Show" from the Setup section (see Child Screening Preferences above in Setup) will appear here. Choose the screening type you want to record.
The Developmental, Health, Hearing, Social-Emotional, and Vision records are all structured the same.
- Enter the Screener and Screening Date
- Next Due Date - default can be managed in the Setup section. Check the box to set a reminder for the next screening. The reminder will be created upon saving
Enter the screening details
- Marking the screening as complete - in this case it's a Developmental screening - is important for APR calculations. Each record has the completion question.
- Screening Type - The tools listed are based on the Category assigned to the tool. If a tool does not have a category, it will not show. Each record has a Screening Type selection
- Scoring information if applicable to the screening being recorded. The fields that show here will be different for each record type - Developmental, Health, Hearing, Social-Emotional, and Vision records.
- Resource Connection - Record any referrals made as a result of the screening.
Recording a Resource Connection
If you need to make a referral as a result of the screening, select Yes to record a Resource Connection. The additional fields needed will open up.
Once the connection is recorded and saved, you can add follow up details and progress notes just like you do for Family Resource Connections. To update connections, either click on the screening record where the referral was made or refer to the Screening Resource Connections table on the child's Screenings page.
The Screenings Page
There are 3 tables on the Screenings Page
- Screening History - Shows all screening records entered, completion status, delays noted, and referral information
- Screening Resource Connections - Shows all Resource Connections entered on screening records. Update referrals from this table or from the screening record it was originally entered from. NOTE: This table also shows on the Family Resource Connections page
- Screening Summary - Create and manage all screening summaries from this table. When creating a screening summary, the latest screening information will be shown as of the date set for the Current Year Reporting Start Date
2 sections to click on to get screening information: 1. Screenings (Service Reports column) and 2. Screening Compliance.
In the Service Reports, click on Screenings to view 2 service level reports
- Screening Review - This report is a summary by child and the latest screenings received in the date range. Use this report to see whether has received all expected screenings within your program year.
- Screening Report - This report displays all screening records entered in the date range. Use this report to see more details for every screening conducted in the date range.
In the Admin column, click on Screening Compliance to run reports based on PAT National's Essential Requirements. There are 3 compliance reports to run from the filters page.
- Initial Development - All children whose first home visit falls in the date range and their screenings received for Developmental and Social-Emotional.
- Initial Health Review - All children whose first home visit falls in the date range, their age at the time of that first visit, and their Health, Hearing and Vision records conducted
- Annual Compliance - Reports on the children whose first home visit is before the date range and their Developmental and Health Review screenings