To record a new screening and view a complete history of all screenings, referrals and screening summaries, go to Children > Screenings.
To add a NEW SCREENING, click on the "+" Add button at the top right. The screenings that are set to "Show" from the Setup section will appear here. Choose the screening type you want to record.
* There are a few screenings that will show under Development/Social Emotional category. These screenings contain both screenings in one tool (DIAL-4, Brigance, IDA and PEDS). Other screenings that have different screening tools, will each need to be entered as a Developmental screening and Social Emotional screening.
The Developmental, Health, Hearing, Social-Emotional, and Vision records are all structured the same.
- Enter the Screener and Screening Date
- Next Due Date - default can be managed in the Setup section. Check the box to set a reminder for the next screening. The reminder will be created upon saving
Enter the screening details
- Marking the screening as complete - in this case it's a Developmental screening - is important for APR calculations. Each record has the completion question.
- Screening Type - The tools listed are based on the Category assigned to the tool. If a tool does not have a category, it will not show. Each record has a Screening Type selection
- Scoring information if applicable to the screening being recorded. The fields that show here will be different for each record type - Developmental, Health, Hearing, Social-Emotional, and Vision records.
- Resource Connection - Record any referrals made as a result of the screening.
Recording a Resource Connection
If you need to make a referral as a result of the screening, select Yes to record a Resource Connection. The additional fields needed will open up.
Once the connection is recorded and saved, you can add follow up details and progress notes just like you do for Family Resource Connections. To update connections, either click on the screening record where the referral was made or refer to the Screening Resource Connections table on the child's Screenings page.
The Screenings Page
There are 3 tables on the Screenings Page
- Screening History - Shows all screening records entered, completion status, delays noted, and referral information
- Screening Resource Connections - Shows all Resource Connections entered on screening records. Update referrals from this table or from the screening record it was originally entered from. NOTE: This table also shows on the Family Resource Connections page
- Screening Summary - Create and manage all screening summaries from this table. When creating a screening summary, the latest screening information will be shown as of the date set for the Current Year Reporting Start Date