As the main administrator, it is your responsibility to set up your Visit Tracker. Under the Set Up tab, you will find different links on the left. Be sure to explore each link thoroughly.
Profile - This is where you will find your program name, program address, and your contact information. If you need to change the program name or address, do that here. You will also find the "Current Year Start Date". This will be the default start date for your reports. Updating this date will help save time, and also ensure accuracy when you are running reports.
File Upload - This is something fairly new to Visit Tracker. This link will allow for uploading any hard copy files. Programs moving to "paperless" files will find this useful! To learn more about file uploads, please see this tutorial: File Upload
Invoices - This is where you will find your current open invoice, as well as past paid invoices. About 60 days before your subscription is due, an invoice will be created. When you log in, there will be a notification that you have an open invoice. From here, you can print or email your invoice using the icons on the right.
User Management - If you need to add an admin to your account, you will do that here. Full access Helper Admin and Read Only Admin can be added here. You also have the ability to assign additional permissions to Helper Admins and Home Visitors.
- Home Visitors can be given “Full access – Data entry” which is equivalent to Helper Admin permissions allowing them to enter data on all families and children in the system. NOTE – Home Visitors that are also in a data management role in the program no longer have to have a separate Helper Admin login.
- Record Management – Main Admins can assign certain users to manage specific records like Reminders and Supervision Records. Also the Main Admin can control who can delete families and contacts.
- Setup – Certain users can now be granted the ability to manage sections under SETUP as well. Typically this section has been limited to only the Main Admin. Now the Main Admin can grant access to this section – all or portions – to any user.
To see the different user types, look here: User Types and Definitions
Preferences - Under the Preferences link is where you will find most of your set up options for Visit Tracker. When you first open the link, you will find some default options. The following sections are drop-down menus.
- "Home Page - Up Coming Events" will allow you some control over what you and your users will see on the Welcome screen.
- "Child Data Fields" will allow you to show or not show fields on the Child data page.
- "Child Health Info"will allow you to show or not show fields on the Child Health Info page.
- "Child Assessments and Development tools" will allow you to turn on or off the developmental assessments and the tools you use. Please not that this is different from the Developmental Screening tool and Health Assessment.
- "Family / Guardian Data Fields" will allow you to show or not show fields on the Guardian data page.
- "Family Demographic Fields", you can select to show any additional high needs characteristics that your program would like to track. Please note that by showing these high needs characteristics, they will not count toward PAT stressors. This is also where you would turn on MIECHV tracking if you are a MIECHV funded program.
- "Family Health Info"will allow you to show or not show fields on the Family Health Info page.
- "Family/Guardian Assessments to Display" will allow you to show only the assessments that your program gives. These are the Assessments listed under the "Assessments" link under the guardian.
- "Personal Visit Records"will allow you to show or not show fields on the Family Visit Record. There is also an option to Enable Locking of PVR upon save as completed. If this is checked "yes", then once a home visitors marks the PVR complete, then that PVR can no longer be updated and changed. As the admin, you can unlock the PVR, if needed. More about locking a PVR can be found here: Locking PVR Tutorial
Contacts - This will allow you to add "Other" types of contacts. On the family contacts page, if a home visitor selects "Other" as a contact type, if you have items here, these will show as a dropdown.
Reminders - This section is to set up Reminder Rules. This means that that you set up automatic reminders for all families/children. To see more about setting up reminder rules, please see the video here: Reminder Rules video
Data Quality Alerts - Data Quality Alerts are a list of alerts that identify the missing data – enrollment data, update entries, assessments, screenings, etc – for the families and children you serve. The alerts are based on a start date you set through the current date. They alert you to the data needed for the current program year that hasn’t been entered yet. To read more about DQ Alerts, please look here: Data Quality Alerts Tutorial
Exit Reasons - Here, you can create, edit or, in some cases, delete exit reasons. If delete is not an option, this is because there is a guardian with that exit reason. You can select to not show the exit reason if you no longer want home visitors selecting that reason. If you edit a reason, this does change all guardians that have this exit reason listed, so be careful about changing the status. If it's just a wording change, such as changing "Moved" to "Moved from Service Area", that would be ok. You can also add new exit reasons if your program needs them. If you are a PAT Affiliate, you will see the PAT National reasons. This will line up with data needed for the end of year report. If you add a new reason, it will need to be "mapped" to a National reason.
Hold Reasons - Here is the list of reasons a family may be placed "Inactive/On Hold".
Screen Types - These are the Developmental screenings that will show under the Child Screening section. If your program gives any screenings other than the PAT National recommended screenings, you can add them here. You can also select to not show any screenings that may have been previously entered. If you do enter another screening type, this will not change the scoring section of the screening. More information about setting up screenings can be found here: Screening Set Up tutorial
Supervision - Here you will set up the items discussed during Supervision and reasons if the supervision was not completed.
Ethnic Categories - No changes can be made on this screen. It will give you the Federal Race categories.
Site Codes - Site Codes are used for programs that need to run a report for different funding sources, school districts, etc. You can enter your site codes here, and then under each report, there is a filter option to run by Site Code. If you use the site code field, you will want to be sure that each guardian has a site code selected on the Guardian Data page.
PG/PVR Templates - Templates can be used to help home visitors save some time when entering a PVR. The template will allow you to enter a few fields that will then populate for the home visitor when that template is selected. For example, when a screening visit is conducted, there may be some standard handouts that are given. You could create a "Screening Visit" template.
User Fields - You can the option of adding an additional 4 fields to the guardian data page and 4 fields to the child data page if there is additional data that you collect and there isn't a place to record it in Visit Tracker. The user fields will show on the guardian/child page as you enter them here. These fields can be filled in with numbers or letters. Be sure your home visitors know what you want to be entered. Is it a date, or a "yes" "no" answer, or text? An example of a user field might be "Is there smoke detectors in the home?". This can be answered with a yes or no answer. Another example might be "Home Elementary School", and the name of the school can be entered. These fields will show on the Family List Report, Child List Report and the Guardian or Child data exports.
Referral Sources - Referral Sources would be the list of agencies, people or places that refer families to your program. Referral Sources can be found on the Guardian and/or Child data pages. This is a field that can be turned on or off under the Preferences link.
Mass Exit - This will allow you to exit children in mass. Mass exit will exit children according to their date of birth. This is most often used at the end of the program year to exit all children that have aged out.
Data Sharing - If your State Lead has a State account, you will need to accept that you allow data to be shared with the person/program requesting permission.