TUTORIAL - Coordinated Intake - Home Visiting Agency
Coordinated Intake Overview of the Home Visiting Agency functionality
- Create, send and receive applications (CIAT) to any Coordinated Intake Agency where there is a Data Sharing Agreement accepted
- Manage and communicate progress of applications through the application’s Intake History section
- Run reports that summarize Coordinated Intake progress and performance
PROGRAM ADMIN HOME PAGE
The home page for the Program Admin will display any CI Application whose latest Reason = Deliver. When the CI Agency sends an application to the Home Visiting Agency, the application will appear as “Deliver”. From the home page you can navigate to the CIAT section, manage recently received applications, and capacity numbers.
Total number of slots and application acceptance can be managed both from the home page or the CIAT List page. When clicking on the “edit” icon as seen in the previous screenshot, the following window will open up.
- Total Slots - This is a number entered manually
- Open Slots - This number is autocalculated. Open Slots = Total Slots minus Filled Slots
- Filled Slots are the total number of families that have been enrolled from Coordinated Intake and their current status = Active
- Accepting applications - “Y” allows the CI Agency to send new applications. Set to “N” and the CI Agency will see in their system that you are not accepting applications and will not be able to send any new applications to you.
Additional reports are available in the Reports section under CI Reports that will report capacity numbers.
From the CIAT section:
- Create a new CIAT
- See the entire list of applications on the CIAT List page
- Use the “Select CIAT Guardian” drop-down list to go to a specific family’s application
The CIAT List page contains all applications that your agency has created and sent to the CI Agency and those that have been received from the CI Agency. Use the filters to help you reduce which applications you want to appear on this page.
REVIEWING AND UPDATING THE APPLICATION
Once the application is open, scroll to the bottom to update the application with a new status. Clicking on “Add New Status” will open up a window giving you additional selections. Entries made in this section will also be seen by the CI Agency allowing communication between the 2 agencies.
INTAKE HISTORY REASONS
- Add as recruit - This selection will allow the Program Admin to assign the application to a home visitor. When choosing “Add as recruit”, a home visitor selection field will appear below “Reason”. Refer to the Home Visitor section of this tutorial for more details how the home visitors manage the applications assigned to them.
- Declined - When selecting “Declined”, an additional selection field will open under “Reason” allowing you to select a reason for declining the application. Choosing “Declined” will end entries for your agency and “send” this application back to the CI Agency. Note that this application will still show in your list and be included in any reports that you run
- Enrolled - After reviewing the application, “Enrolled” can be chosen by either the Program Admin or the home visitor assigned to the application. If the Program Admin is updating the application, the home visitor selection field will open up allowing the Admin to select a home visitor to assign the family to. The family will be added to the home visitor’s list of Active guardians and the application information will be added to the Guardian and Child data pages. This will end the Intake History entries for this application.
- Enrolled in Referral Agency - If a family is referred to a home visiting agency, chooses not to participate in the home visiting program, but is enrolled in a different program offered by the same agency, choose “Enrolled in Referral Agency”.
- Pending Accept - This selection serves as an ‘under review’ indicator. The Admin can update the application from “Deliver” to “Pending Accept” while reviewing the application and determining the family’s interest or eligibility.
When an Admin selects “Add as recruit” for an application, a home visitor is chosen for the application to be assigned.
When the home visitor logs in, their home page will show any CIAT assigned. The updates to the Intake History section is much the same as the Admin with a slight in the list of Reasons.
- Declined - If the home visitor chooses “Declined”, it will function identically as it does for the Program Admin. A list of declined reasons will display. This selection will end the entries for this application. The Program Admin will see the update in the CIAT List as well as the CI Agency
- Declined (send back to Program Admin) - If for some reason the home visitor needs to decline the application for reasons not related to the application itself, the home visitor can select this option to simply “send” it back to the Program Admin. This keeps the application open in the HV Agency CIAT List.
- Enrolled - This selection functions the same as it does for the Program Admin. The family will be added to the home visitor’s active family list and the family will be enrolled into the home visiting program
3 Reports are now available in the Reports section under “CI Reports”
CI Summary Report
- Choose the Date Range to report on the CIAT that were received within the date range
- The report will display the total number of CIAT by Reason based on the last Intake History entry
- Report will download an open in Excel
CIAT Export - Received
- This will produce an Excel file (CSV format) displaying each individual CI Application and entry information for those CIAT sent from a CI Agency
- Use the Date Range to only export the CI Applications received within the range.
Case Status Summary
- This is designed to be an outcomes report reporting on Enrollment and Declined percentages
- The report will also breakdown the total number of declined applications based on Declined Reasons